follow me, yo.

Follow Skylahnite on Twitter

Saturday, April 23, 2011

My sleeve is finally finished!!!

A little over a year ago I decided to get a half sleeve. I went to Freak who I've known for a while and he's done a lot of my friend's work. He does really amazing stuff. I told him what I wanted and he told me to give him a day or two to draw it out. I basically wanted some of my favorite moments on my arm. I wanted the Marlin I caught in the Bahamas, the hammock hut from Tensing Pen, Jamaica, the 165 foot waterfall I rappelled off of in Costa Rica and the Arenal Volcano I ate lunch next to all against a backdrop of a Keys sunset.
I went back to see what he had dr
awn and he drew it as one big scene. I said it was awesome but I wanted all of these things separated somehow considering they were all separate events and places in time. So we decided to "frame" a couple of the scenes and he would re-draw it. He did, and we got started on the outline on my birthday of last year.
I am admitting this publicly now, that I should've listened to him and went with the original drawing. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it does look a little crowded and "busy" just like he said it might. Oh well! Can't go back now! Just a word of advice from me: always listen to your tattoo artist.
All in all, it was a great experience and I don't regret it one f*ck!ng bit.

The outline took about 1.5 hours. It wasn't too bad.

the outline


marlin colored in



















Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica and the hammock hut at Tensing Pen in Jamaica


aaannndd the finished product!

The parts that hurt the worst were on the underside of my arm. Ya know where it's not exposed to too much sun and it's soft and fatty? Yeah, that part. Thank God for headphones and Pandora. Each scene took about 45 minutes to an hour. The background with the waterfall took about 1.5 hours. So all in all I think it was about 6 hours total.

No comments:

Post a Comment