follow me, yo.

Follow Skylahnite on Twitter

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Check out this freakin' sandwich I ate!!!

Well, I was going to wait to write about this samich until I had enough samiches to complete my "5 favorite sandwiches at this moment" list, but it's too good not to tell right now. AND it's on special at The Rusty Spoon so it won't be there for long. So go get it!

So, I went to The Rusty Spoon last Friday to check this place out. It's new and on the bottom floor of 55 West off Church St. Our waiter, Tim, was EXTREMELY informative and enthusiastic. I think maybe he had been doin' blow all night. Who knows. So far his recommendations of the beer, martini, and appetizer were correct, so I listened to him when he said their special, the Fried Soft Shell Crab Sandwich, was A.MAZ.ING! I could seriously see this man's pupils dilate when he told me how awesome it was. He was not effing joking. They brought this thing out and I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the ground. Then I immediately started taking pictures. I will let them speak for themselves.



Yes, there were legs coming out of my sandwich. In between two pieces of grilled, buttery Texas toast.


Yep, that's an entire fried soft shell crab. It was fried perfectly. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. It also had lettuce, tomato, and a thick chive aoili or something on it. With fries. With homemade ketchup. Yeah. And now for the money shot...



Although I had a great experience, my boyfriend did not :( Read about it here on Yelp!

No comments:

Post a Comment