follow me, yo.

Follow Skylahnite on Twitter

Monday, July 18, 2011

Why I've been so gosh darn busy lately

So back in April I had left a food truck event and thought to myself that a pet food truck would be awesome. It was just a thought though. Wasn't going to act on it because I didn't have the resources or money to do so. I looked online to see if such a truck existed (for shits and giggles) and ONE did. In Chicago. So anyways, I went on with my life, with that little idea in the back of my head. Then my sister emailed me.
I guess she had just got done reading my blog and she was like you really know a lot about food and food trucks. "How would you like to do a food truck with your sister?" I was like OMFG! I called her immediately. I was like "I just had the best idea for a food truck!!!" I told her my idea, she called me brilliant, and the rest is history.
Well not really history. I'll say that when I'm a millionaire. But after she called me brilliant, genius, and some other really awesome descriptive words, we got to work.
Have any of you ever started your own business? It's freakin hard! I was like it's pet treats, how hard could it be? Between coming up with the name, licensing and taxes and recipes and logos and packaging and most importantly, finding the perfect truck, it has consumed every bit of any extra time I have plus any extra money. Hence, why I haven't been out in a while.


We just hauled the truck back from Georgia on Sunday. Now on top of everything else we have to get the truck road ready. We're hoping that we can have it ready by September. We plan on being at food truck/pet events and dog parks. I can't wait.

You can follow our progress and see our awesome treats on Twitter and facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment