follow me, yo.

Follow Skylahnite on Twitter

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why does my purse smell like beef and ketchup?!

If my New Years weekend of 2011 is at all telling of the year to come, I think it's going to be a good one.
One of the doctors let me go an hour early on New Years eve, which was pretty awesome. She knows any sort of holiday that revolves around hanging out with friends, drinking, and going out, is probably pretty important to me.

Me and my boyfriend, Tim started our night off at Cityfish, a cute, hip, laid back seafood joint. By the way that was just my first online acknowledgement of my relationship.

Anywho, we walked to City, and Rob, my favoritest bartender there, and anywhere for that matter, let me in on a little secret of his. His Cucumber Martini. It is my new favorite. Not only because it tastes amazing, but because it's a multi-purpose beverage. I can drink it with brunch or dinner. I think it just might replace the Bloody Mary for me.
Then we went to Lizzy's (my favorite Irish bar) for one drink then went to Sky60 for some house and more drinking. We did the countdown with a hundred or so people we don't know and a few we did, kissed at midnight, then had a couple more drinks.

We left downtown around 1 a.m. I got a hotdog at a hotdog stand, ate half of it and put the other half in my purse.
The plan was to take a cab home but apparently I was too impatient to wait for one so I insisted on walking home. Yes, my drunk ass walked home. Tim stayed a few feet behind me because from what he tells me I was being quite thee asshole. Me? No way.
We both fell asleep on the couch upright and woke up a few hours later like WTF? We both went to bed and of course when I woke up I apologized for my behavior and gave him lots of kisses.

Sorry Tim.

Saturday when I woke up I was not hungover at all. I think that was due to the hotdog and the walk. Then I went in my purse for something (probably to check all my receipts to see how much money i spent) and found the other half of the hotdog. GROSS! There was ketchup and grease all over the inside.
We laid around for a while then went to Papa John's for a pizza and 7/11 for some beer. The Hawaiian Volcano is pretty darn good might I add. It's a Hawaiian pizza with jalapenos on it. Nom nom. We then proceeded to watch college football. Gators won. It was a great afternoon.

My best friend for almost 20 years now, Megan, was in town that weekend from St. Augustine. We met her, her girlfriend, and two of their friends at Bonefish for dinner. Bonefish was not impressive. We went to World of Beer afterwards and drank a few awesome craft brews. Megan exchanged embarrassing stories about me when i was a kid with Tim. We all laughed and had an awesome time. There's something kind of important about the best friend meeting, and approving of the boyfriend. She not only approved, but told me that she would not be wearing a dress to my wedding. Whatever.
By the way. The food truck that was outside as we were leaving was way better than Bonefish.

Sunday the Steelers were playing.....along with the Dolphins and the Saints. We went t
o Smoky Bones and I got to wear my super cute jersey that i got for Christmas from Tim. We drank beer and ate food. Steelers won. It was a good afternoon.

It was a great weekend.

As of right now I have a few things to look forward to in the coming year.
  • Will I become a Yelp Elite 11?? The suspense is killing me!!!
  • I got Tim (and me) floor tickets to the Linkin Park concert, January 22nd. Pendulum is opening. Gunna be so awesome!!!!
  • I am going back to Jamaica. I booked our room at Tensing Pen yesterday. We will be staying in the Garden Studio. It's the least expensive room/hut/thatch roofed/bungalow thingy with an ocean view. It's not until late October but I'm already excited and slightly obsessed.
Please year, don't start sucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment